Friday, March 25, 2011

Who is Merong ?



Since I live in kedah about 20 years old, I didn’t know who is Merong Mahawangsa. Some rumors say that merong is the Iskandar Zulkarnain's (Alexander The Great) descendent and some people say too he was first king of Langkasuka. If merong is Alexander The Great descendent, why he didn’t bring Greek influence to Langasuka as known as Langkawi.

Since I was kid, i have heard the old folk story about “Raja Bersiong”, a cruel king colony. Did “Raja Bersiong” have related with Merong Mahawangsa? So I do my research about Merong. Finally I just got information about “Raja Bersiong” and Merong Mahawangsa, “Raja Bersiong” is a Merong Mahawangsa grandson as know as Seri Maha Inderawangsa. Merong Mahawangsa are Hindus and there are nine government Phra Ong Mahawangsa Hindu before converting to Islam in 1136 and took the name Sultan Mudzafar Shah.


This is a tomb the Sultan Mudzafar Shah I. This tomb is located in Langgar, Kg Bujang, Kedah Merbok.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

© MOVIE JOKERS - Template by Blogger Sablonlari